Although games have traditionally been viewed as strictly leisure activities, and often, time wasters, the fact is that there are a number of games available that will help you improve your health and wellness. Whether they are video games, fun devices, or brain games, many games can help you on your quest for self improvement. Read on to learn about 50 different games that will help you step up your fitness, brain power, and overall wellness.
These video games offer valuable wellness education in a fun package.
- Fable: In this game, the main character chooses foods to consume, and depending on whether he eats high fat or low fat foods, his appearance will change.
- Heart Sense: This video game works to help increase heart attack awareness.
- Re-Mission: While playing Re-Misson, kids take on missions that help them defeat malignant cancer cells.
- Feed the Monster: This game helps to teach proper nutrition to kids.
- Pulse!!: Learn more about medical care in this game that’s set in the Bethesda Naval Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit.
With these devices, you’ll be able to exercise and be well while you’re playing games. Use this to make sure your games are healthy on the wallet as well.
- PCGamerBike: With the PCGamerBike, you can play any PC game that uses a keyboard for input, and get fit at the same time.
- Bodypad: Control your favorite fighting games with motion tracking using these pads that strap to your knees, waist, elbows, and hands.
- Fisher Price Smart Cycle: This arcade system integrates a miniature exercise bike with gaming hardware designed for kids.
- Glucoboy: Glucoboy is a glucose meter that can be used with the Nintendo Gameboy to reward children for maintaining good blood sugar control.
- EyeToy: Using this gaming device, you can play physically interactive games on many popular consoles.
- Gamercize: Gamercize offers a gaming incentive system, which allows you to power your gaming console by stepping in place.
- jOG: jOG’s in-game motion sensing controller will translate your motions into your character’s motions on the PlayStation 2.
These games offer an element of exercise as a prominent feature in their program. Even the famous nurses of the past would have approved of these.
- Dance Dance Revolution: This wildly popular dancing game requires fast moves and quick reflexes.
- Eye Toy Kinetic: Designed for fitness, Eye Toy Kinetic offers an interactive fitness experience for cardio, combat, mind and body, and toning.
- Twister: Played on a large plastic mat with friends and family, Twister will test and improve your flexibility, balance, and coordination.
- Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009: Although not released yet, this game from Jillian Michaels promises to give you a good workout using the Wii balance board.
- Nicktoons Movin’: Using the EyeToy, this game from Nicktoons lets kids and kids at heart exercise with their favorite Nickelodeon characters.
- My Weight Loss Coach: Create a profile and goal plan with this DS game that offers the advice of a fitness coach and nutritionist.
- We Ski: Race down the slopes and get a workout without the pricey lift fees on this Wii game.
- Active Life Outdoor Challenge: This game has over a dozen mini games like river rafting, log jumping, and water trampoline designed to get you moving.
- Let’s Yoga: Learn how to do a variety of yoga poses with this game for the Nintendo DS.
- Eye Toy Groove: Use your Eye Toy to get up and dance to the beat of hit songs using this game.
- Guitar Hero: A fun and interactive music game, Guitar Hero will get you off the couch and test your hand eye coordination.
- Yourself Fitness: Follow Maya through yoga, pilates, cardio, and strength-training exercise videos in Yourself Fitness.
- Mario Super Sluggers: Get a major league workout with this Wii baseball game.
- Showtime Championship Boxing: Put your boxing skills to the test with this championiship boxing game for the Wii.
- Let’s Pilates: This Nintendo DS game will help you learn more than 40 different pilates poses.
- Wii Fit: Wii Fit and its accompanying balance board offers a number of different games designed to improve your fitness in a really fun environment.
- Wii Sports: Wii Sports offers a collection of sports games that will improve your coordination and give you a mild workout.
- Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day: Improve your vision and focus power with this DS game that has lots of different games for your eyes.
Play these brain games to improve your memory and overall brain power.
- Games for the Brain: This website offers plenty of games for brain health, including Chinese checkers, chess, and word games.
- Crosswords DS: Get a collection of crossword puzzles for all skill levels with this game for the Nintendo DS.
- Sudoku: Sudoku is a logic based number placement puzzle that will give your brain a workout.
- My Word Coach: Improve your vocabulary with this DS game that offers word coaching for 17,000 words.
- Mahjong: This Chinese tile gambling game will help you improve your skill, strategy, and calculation.
- Brainist: Here you’ll find loads of fun and useful online brain games for adults.
- My French Coach: Using My French Coach, you can learn how to speak French in a really fun way.
- Margot’s Word Brain: Play Margot’s game to challenge your vocabulary with puzzles like Word Mine, Word Link, and Word Safe.
- Spelling Challenges and More: Test and improve your spelling skills with this game that has more than 25,000 words to spell at 100 difficulty levels in 11 different games.
- New York Times Crosswords: With over 1,000 crossword puzzles, this game has plenty of resources for giving your brain a quick pick me up.
- Brain Age: Play this game’s collection of puzzles to improve your brain power in just a few minutes every day.
- Scrabble: Improve your vocabulary with this fun and addictive word game.
- Smarty Pants: Trivia for Everyone: Build your knowledge with this trivia game that boasts 20,000 questions in 8 different categories with multiple difficulty levels.
- Lumosity: Lumosity will help you "reclaim your brain" with brain training games that improve your memory and attention.
- My Spanish Coach: Learn Spanish using this video game that offers mini games, competition, evaluation, and vocabulary tools.
- Chess: Chess is a popular game that will challenge your strategy and planning skills.
- Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader: Take on the 5th grade challenge with this game that offers more than 6,000 questions to test your knowledge.
- Prevention Brain Games: Prevention’s collection of brain games will help you sharpen your memory and give your brain a workout.
- Big Brain Academy: Get a Wii Degree with this game that challenges your brain and allows you to compete with other players.
- Rainbow Stress Reduction Games: Rainbow Stress Reduction’s games offer a simple way to clear your mind and relax.
If you enjoyed this article, consider this:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.